If you own a home-based business, now is the time to apply for a government grant to help develop and implement your business’ action plan.
The Queensland Government recently opened home-based business grant applications targeting stay-at-home parents who operate home-based businesses. Applicants can apply for funding of up to $5000 (excluding GST), provided to the successful applicant in two stages.
During the first stage, up to $2500 may be awarded to engage with a consultant for professional business advice. This may encompass the provision by the consultant, to advise on matters such as professional business, tax computing, and legal or financial matters. The grant may also cover services such as mentoring or coaching; business and strategic planning; and market research and marketing strategy development, including branding strategies and digital strategies. An action plan must be developed as part of the consulting session/s to guide the applicant moving forward with their business.
If eligible for the second stage, matched grant funding (dollar-for-dollar) of up to $2500 can be provided to successful applicants, to be used for action plan implementation, as developed in stage one. This funding may be used to cover further use of the services covered in stage one, along with the incorporation of costs; licence fees; development of processes or procedures; skills development; and website development, including search engine optimisation (SEO).
To qualify for funding, the applicant must:
- Have a Queensland –based business that operates from home;
- Be a parent that is caring for a child less than 12 years old;
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Own at least 50% of the business;
- Be an Australian resident living in Queensland; and
- Declare if he or she is bankrupt or insolvent.
For each funding stage, only one application from an individual ABN will be accepted. Further, when applying for stage two funding, applicants will be subject to an income test, and only those with a total household pre-tax income of less than $100,000 will be considered.
Applications must be submitted together with a project proposal, and include the following information:
- The services the consultant will provide;
- Delivery timeframes;
- Payment schedule;
- Estimated number of consulting hours or days for each of the key activities; and
- Key people who will undertake the project.
The timeframes below have been set for the home-based business grant program:
- 6 weeks – Recommended number of weeks that the application should be lodged (stage one only) prior to starting the project
- 21 days – Number of days within which the project must start after an approval letter is received
- 2 months – Number of months in which a stage one project must be completed after an approval letter is received
- 4 months – Number of months in which a stage two project must be completed after an approval letter is received.
Click here to find out the full criteria for assessment and the process for selecting successful applicants.
How Reload Consulting can assist with your application
Reload Consulting can assist you with your grant application if you believe you qualify. During stage one, Reload Consulting can provide a two to three hour consulting session in which you will work with our consultants to identify and articulate your business’ objectives. Objectives developed during this meeting will help to direct the planning and documentation of an action plan for you to implement within your business.
Action plans are flexible and will be tailored to meet the requirements of your business; however as per the grant guidelines, they must include the following information:
- Task or activity title;
- Individual task objectives;
- Implementation dates per task;
- Responsibility per task; and
- Costs or resources required to deliver the action plan.
Reload Consulting can also assist you with applications for stage two funding, which is aimed towards assisting the implementation of your business action plan.
Reload Consulting offers both flexible hourly and fixed price consulting services, and can work with you to determine the level of service required during stage two. The following areas listed are highlighted as potential uses of stage two funding:
- Further professional business advice
- Ongoing Coaching
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Strategy Consulting
- Marketing Strategy Consulting
- Process Development Consulting
- Website Usability & Conversion Consulting
To discover how Reload Consulting can assist you through your home-based business grant application and ongoing business development, please call 1300 714 146 or send us a message and we will be happy to get in touch to see how we may best be of assistance.
Reload Consulting is a business consultancy firm that considers all available opportunities for your business. Our expertise lies in seamlessly blending traditional business methods with our forte in digital. We tailor fit our services to your needs in order to give the best results. Since 2006, Reload Consulting have assisted innumerable businesses across Australia and overseas in their business, marketing and digital needs. We look forward to hearing from you and aiding in your application.